Thursday 13 January 2011

Front Cover Ideas.

Front Cover Ideas




I decided to look at pictures that would give me inspiration for my front cover picture. I picked some artists that I am focusing on within my genre and I looked at some pictures of them. In all but one picture the artist has their guitar on them and this shows me that music is their passion so in pictures that are taken of them they would have their guitar to show that to the audience. The pictures are mostly taken when the artists are on stage playing even though the set up won't be like this on my magazine cover it gives me ideas on how the artists pose with their guitars and also gives me knowledge on how I would set up the set if I did want it to be like this, in action. The photo I like the most is the one of Slash lying down with his guitar and his possessions surrounding him. The bottle of whiskey beside him and some photos spread around him are all possessions that in some way define him which I like, also most people in classic rock bands were under the influence of drugs and alcohol so the picture is quite truthful as well in not trying to hide what goes on ‘behind the scenes’. If I were to test this shot I would use a few more objects and also have the model sat up slightly so the focus isn't gone completely and this would add more audience interaction. I also like the one of  Jim Morrison (third one in from the left - bottom) the black and white has more emphasis on the smoke coming out of the cigarette and it brings the picture together because of the stage set he is on. The model I am using also likes the one of Slash lying down and he also has some ideas of his own he would like to share when testing out this pose. I am also going to try and shoot a similar picture to the one that is top right as it's really simple and can be worked around well to create my magazine. Also I'm going to experiment with colour and seeing how changing the colour to black and white can change the look of the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment